- Was released in October 30th, 2007, although it was originally planned for a mid-November release.
- Featured the hit single, Gimme More, which sold over 4 million singles worldwide
- Was supposed to debut at #1 in the USA, but Billboard made a last minute change in rules, not allowing it to debut at #1.
- Debuted at #2 in the USA, making Britney the only artist to have five consecutive albums in the first and second spots of the charts.
- Debuted at #2 in the UK
- Topped the charts in Mexico, Ireland, Australia, Greece, France, Europe, Brazil, Japan and many more countries.
- Sold 124,000 copies on its first day in the US, with sales of 290,000 copies in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- Sold over 3.1 million copies worldwide
- Had six songs from it featured in the Circus Tour
- Won two EMA, Billboard Award, NTV, and many decade-end best album awards.
- Featured the hit Piece of Me, which is one of Britney’s most successful single in Europe, and also featured the hit Break The Ice, which sold over 1.5 million singles worldwide.
- Britney said in a People magazine article this album would “reinvigorate the current pop scene,” which she said was “boring.”
- She began recording this album during her pregnancy with Jayden in Las Vegas and L.A.
Let’s take a moment of silence to honor this day.
Time’s up. #BritneyAnniversary a Trending Topic on Twitter!